- On August 3, 2020
Wake County Public Health has confirmed outbreaks of COVID-19 at two long-term care facilities in Raleigh. They are:
- Morningside of Raleigh, located at 801 Dixie Trail; and
- Falls River Court and Village, located at 1130 Falls River Ave.
No additional information about residents or employees within the facility will be disclosed.
The N.C. Department of Health and Human Services defines an outbreak as two or more people – residents or employees – testing positive for the virus.
The county recommends that, in addition to adhering to the state’s order preventing outside visitation, facilities follow its guidelines, which include:
- Ensuring staff wear the appropriate personal protective equipment at all times;
- Restricting employees from working at other locations;
- Practicing social distancing when possible; and
- Frequently cleaning surfaces with disinfectant.
Wake County has made it easy for you to stay updated on the latest information about COVID-19.
You can visit our multilingual COVID-19 webpage, which has a set of frequently asked questions to educate residents, a list of COVID-19-related closures and service changes, as well as contact information for people to use to ask specific questions.
The county is also sharing important information on its Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.