- CHOOSE AN ITEM BELOW
- Animal Services Center
- CCBI (Public Fingerprinting Services)
- Child Support (Department of Human Services)
- Clinic Services (Department of Human Services)
- Convenience Centers (Solid Waste)
- Economic Services (Department of Human Services)
- Wake County Public Libraries
- Parks, Recreation & Open Spaces
- Permits & Inspections
- Regional Centers (Department of Human Services)
- Tax Administration
- Veterans Services Office
Wake County Services Current Status
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many of Wake County’s facilities and services are temporarily closed or operating on alternate schedules.
Select a service from the menu to see the current status.
Animal Services Center
820 Beacon Lake Drive, Raleigh
- All services will be by appointment only and will be scheduled noon–6 p.m., seven days a week.
- Currently not taking livestock or poultry.
- Dog Adoption Fees Reduced to $25 / Cat Adoption Fees Waived
- Call 919-212-PETS (7387) or visit the Animal Services Center website.
Child Support (Department of Human Services)
- Closed to the public
- You may also call the Wake County Child Support Call Center at 919-856-6630 to be connected to your assigned Child Support Services Agent.
- Applications are available online at NCChildSupport.com.
- Applications may be mailed via request by calling 1-800-992-9457 or 919-856-6630.
Clinic Services (Department of Human Services)
Please note that, due to COVID-19, clinic services are limited. Please call the clinic prior to coming to determine if services can be provided.
10 Sunnybrook Road, Raleigh
(Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.; closed for lunch 12:30–1:30 p.m.)
- Modified Child Health Services
- Modified Family Planning
- Modified HIV/STD
- Modified Lab hours
- Modified hours for Immunizations
- Dental Clinic (By appointment or Tele-medicine only. Call 919-250-4610.)
CLOSED Clinics (see note below):
- If you believe you have a life-threatening emergency, please call 9-1-1 or visit your closest emergency care facility.
- Before you visit Sunnybrook for any service, please call 919-212-7000 or visit the Human Services website.
Note on closed clinics:
Telehealth will be available for WIC and TB.
Convenience Centers (Solid Waste)
- Please practice social distancing and maintain six feet of space from other customers and site attendants.
- Please be patient! An increased volume of waste from spring cleaning, along with social distancing and cleaning of equipment, has increased delays at facilities.
- For more information, please visit the Waste and Recycling website.
Economic Services (Department of Human Services)
220 Swinburne St., Raleigh
- The Swinburne Building is closed to the public. The only exception is the lobby, which is open from 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday–Friday, for pick-up of application packets only.
- To apply for Medicaid and Food & Nutrition Services, apply online at epass.nc.gov
Wake County Public Libraries
- All Wake County Libraries are closed to the public, including book returns.
- Currently not accepting book donations at any location.
- There will no late fees or any penalties for keeping books until libraries reopen.
- Residents without a library card can register online and receive a temporary card number and PIN , which will allow you to use all WCPL’s online resources. The card will not expire while the libraries are closed.
- WCPL also offers a mobile app that provides access to an extensive library of online resources including audiobooks and ebooks.
Parks, Recreation & Open Spaces
- All public programs and events, including shelter reservations and overnight stays, are canceled.
- Park offices, centers and playgrounds are closed.
- Bathrooms are open.
- Park and preserve grounds remain open.
- Many of Wake County Parks have virtual tours available.
- For more information, visit the Parks & Recreation website.
Permits & Inspections
Wake County Office Building, 336 Fayetteville St., Raleigh
- The time to issue permits and inspections may slow down during this period.
- The Permit Counter will only open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- The GIS (Maps) counter will only open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Many permitting tasks can be conducted via our online permitting portal. For additional questions, please call: 919-856-6310.
Regional Centers (Department of Human Services)
- All County Regional Centers (Northern, Southern, Eastern, Western and Millbrook Human Services Centers) are closed to the public.
- Limited clinical services are available at 10 Sunnybrook Road, Raleigh, NC 27610. Please call 919-212-7000 for more information.
- Tax services and payments are available at the Tax Administration office (see below).
- Birth and death records are available at the Register of Deeds office, located at Wake County Justice Center, 301 S. McDowell St. Suite 3800, Raleigh NC 27601 – 1st Floor.
Wake County Justice Center, 301 S. McDowell St., Suite 3800, Raleigh, 3rd Floor
- Only open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Online services, including access to online payments, and answers to your tax questions can be found on the Tax Administration website.
- For additional questions, please call: 919-856-5400.
Veterans Services Office
3000 Falstaff Road, Raleigh, NC 27610
- Recommend scheduling an appointment.
- Only open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m.–2 p.m., at the Falstaff location only.
- Many services are available online at the Veterans Services website.
- For additional questions, please call: 919-212-VETS.