- CHOOSE AN ITEM BELOW
- Animal Services Center
- CCBI (Public Fingerprinting Services)
- Child Support (Department of Human Services)
- Clinic Services (Department of Human Services)
- Convenience Centers (Solid Waste)
- Economic Services (Department of Human Services)
- Wake County Public Libraries
- Parks, Recreation & Open Spaces
- Permits & Inspections
- Regional Centers (Department of Human Services)
- Tax Administration
- Veterans Services Office
Wake County Services Current Status
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many of Wake County’s facilities and services are temporarily closed or operating on alternate schedules.
Select a service from the menu to see the current status.
Animal Services Center
820 Beacon Lake Drive, Raleigh
- All services will be by appointment only and will be scheduled noon–6 p.m., seven days a week.
- Currently not taking livestock or poultry.
- Dog Adoption Fees Reduced to $25 / Cat Adoption Fees Waived
- Call 919-212-PETS (7387) or visit the Animal Services Center website.
Child Support (Department of Human Services)
- Closed to the public
- You may also call the Wake County Child Support Call Center at 919-856-6630 to be connected to your assigned Child Support Services Agent.
- Applications are available online at NCChildSupport.com.
- Applications may be mailed via request by calling 1-800-992-9457 or 919-856-6630.
Clinic Services (Department of Human Services)
10 Sunnybrook Road, Raleigh
(Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.; closed for lunch 12:30–1:30 p.m.)
- Modified Child Health Services
- Modified Family Planning
- Modified HIV/STD
- Modified Lab hours
- Modified hours for Immunizations
- Dental Clinic (By appointment or Tele-medicine only. Call 919-250-4610.)
CLOSED Clinics (see note below):
- If you believe you have a life-threatening emergency, please call 9-1-1 or visit your closest emergency care facility.
- Before you visit Sunnybrook for any service, please call 919-212-7000 or visit the Human Services website.
Note on closed clinics:
Telehealth will be available for WIC and TB.
Convenience Centers (Solid Waste)
- Some material collection is limited. Collection of construction waste will be delayed to prioritize garbage collection. Residents are strongly advised to bring construction waste Tuesday through Friday or consider paying to dump at a private construction landfill.
- Please practice social distancing and maintain six feet of space from other customers and site attendants.
- Please be patient! An increased volume of waste from spring cleaning, along with social distancing and cleaning of equipment, has increased delays at facilities.
- For more information, please visit the Waste and Recycling website.
Economic Services (Department of Human Services)
220 Swinburne St., Raleigh
- The Swinburne Building is closed to the public. The only exception is the lobby, which is open from 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday–Friday, for pick-up of application packets only.
- To apply for Medicaid and Food & Nutrition Services, apply online at epass.nc.gov
Wake County Public Libraries
- All Wake County Libraries are closed to the public, including book returns.
- Currently not accepting book donations at any location.
- There will no late fees or any penalties for keeping books until libraries reopen.
- Residents without a library card can register online and receive a temporary card number and PIN , which will allow you to use all WCPL’s online resources. The card will not expire while the libraries are closed.
- WCPL also offers a mobile app that provides access to an extensive library of online resources including audiobooks and ebooks.
Parks, Recreation & Open Spaces
- All public programs and events, including shelter reservations and overnight stays, are canceled.
- Park offices, bathrooms, playgrounds and centers are closed.
- Park and preserve grounds remain open.
- Many of Wake County Parks have virtual tours available.
- For more information, visit the Parks & Recreation website.
Permits & Inspections
Wake County Office Building, 336 Fayetteville St., Raleigh
- The time to issue permits and inspections may slow down during this period.
- The Permit Counter will only open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- The GIS (Maps) counter will only open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Many permitting tasks can be conducted via our online permitting portal. For additional questions, please call: 919-856-6310.
Regional Centers (Department of Human Services)
- All County Regional Centers (Northern, Southern, Eastern, Western and Millbrook Human Services Centers) are closed to the public.
- Limited clinical services are available at 10 Sunnybrook Road, Raleigh, NC 27610. Please call 919-212-7000 for more information.
- Tax services and payments are available at the Tax Administration office (see below).
- Birth and death records are available at the Register of Deeds office, located at Wake County Justice Center, 301 S. McDowell St. Suite 3800, Raleigh NC 27601 – 1st Floor.
Wake County Justice Center, 301 S. McDowell St., Suite 3800, Raleigh, 3rd Floor
- Only open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Online services, including access to online payments, and answers to your tax questions can be found on the Tax Administration website.
- For additional questions, please call: 919-856-5400.
Veterans Services Office
3000 Falstaff Road, Raleigh, NC 27610
- Recommend scheduling an appointment.
- Only open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m.–2 p.m., at the Falstaff location only.
- Many services are available online at the Veterans Services website.
- For additional questions, please call: 919-212-VETS.